Dr. Etheredge is an experienced public speaker, and regularly speaks at Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Continuing Medical Education (CME) events. Dr. Etheredge addresses meetings attended by a wide range of health professionals, including medical doctors, nursing and allied professionals, regulators and industry. The details of some of Dr. Etheredge’s recent talks can be seen below.
- St Mary’s School Studium Apertum 2017. “Pushing the boundaries of regenerative medicine and the new genetics – From little livers to little lives” St Mary’s School Waverley, Johannesburg. 22 July 2017.
- Industry sponsored CME. “Equitable access for HIV+ patients in the oncology setting”. Johannesburg, South Africa, 28 June 2017
- Industry sponsored CME. “Equitable access for HIV+ patients in the oncology setting”. Polokwane, South Africa, 24 May 2017
- National Renal Care Patient Education Programme. “Whispers in the wards – a brief patient guide to communication and confidentiality in dialysis settings” Johannesburg, South Africa. 12th November 2016.
- [Keynote address]. South African Renal Congress 2016. The brave new world of chronic dialysis in South Africa – Communication, confidentiality and protection of personal information (PoPI) in the age of modern technology and social media. Cape Town, South Africa. 10th September 2016. [Winner – Best speaker prize).
- Industry sponsored Nephrology Symposium for Nurses. “How much is enough? Ethical and legal considerations in giving patients information”. Johannesburg, 11th June 2016.
- Industry sponsored Renal Replacement Therapy and Transplant Forum Meeting. “Challenging existing paradigms: Renal replacement therapy in multi-cultural, cost-constrained, developing world settings”. Cape Town, 12th March 2016.
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA). “Ethical considerations in resource allocation”. Healthcare Park, Woodmead, Johannesburg, 10th March 2016.
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA). “Insight into R&D and the relevance of critical analysis – An ethics debate”. Healthcare Park, Woodmead, Johannesburg, 10th March 2016.
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA). “(Mis)communication: some ethical, legal and financial implications for hospitalised patients”. STRATA Health, Pretoria, 22nd January 2016.
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA). “(Mis)communication: some ethical, legal and financial implications for hospitalised patients”. Discovery Health, Johannesburg, 20th January 2016.
- Industry sponsored pre-dialysis renal preceptorship. “Ethical dilemmas in access to dialysis in South Africa – Rights, responsibilities and rationing”. Johannesburg, 1st December 2015.
- Industry sponsored Dr. Retreat. Pricing, priorities and primary care:
An ethics debate on the use of expensive therapies in a cost-constrained environment. Johannesburg, 18th October 2015
- Duse, A. and Etheredge, H. Research ethics for pathologists. PathRed Conference, Emperors Palace Johannesburg, 14 April 2015.